This is a really beautifully digitized design from the JANOME OSAWA FISH COLLECTION DESIGN CD – available at your local JANOME dealer. BUT….how do I get this design off the CD in my computer and onto my embroidery machine to stitch out?????
The information here will be applicable to the following Janome embroidery machine models: Mc9500; MC9700; MC300E; MC350E; MC200E; MC10000/1; MC11000 (all models); MC12000. Please note that there may be slight variations depending on your model. This is a broad overview so please send me a comment in the box below this post if you have a specific query OR see your local JANOME dealer for further information.
- First thing to consider is: What does your machine model have in terms of transferring designs from the computer to the machine: Does it have a cable to directly connect? Does it have a USB port on the side of the machine? Does it have an ATA card (or compact flash card) port on the side of the machine? Some models have more than one option: cable and USB port (eg Mc12000) ; or ATA card and USB ports( eg Mc350E).
- If you are trying to find a blank ATA/Compact Flash card, please contact your local JANOME dealer as you will probably not find this at the electronics store.
- If you are going to use a USB stick: PLEASE do NOT use one larger than 1GB or 2GB. If you try to use an 8GB or 16GB one, you will more than likely run into difficulties. Trust me on this! This is NOT applicable to the MC12000 – you may use large capacity media devices with this model only. Small capacity sticks are pretty hard to find so feel free to contact George at Stitchitize in Saskatoon who has a supply of small capacity USB sticks for purchase that he has had made specifically for our machines. The link to his website contains Tel as well as email address.
- If you have the Mc12000; Mc11000 etc, you will have a cable that was included with the machine which can also be used for transferring designs. One end plugs into your computer and the other end plugs into your embroidery machine.
- There is another method for transferring designs: using the CD ROM DRIVE. In a nutshell, this gives the option of plugging the CD ROM drive with a USB cable into the USB port on the side of the machine and then directly accessing design files from the CD without having to use a computer. This is compatible with some embroidery machine models (MC11000; MC350E).
WATCH FOR PART 2 OF THIS TOPIC LATER THIS WEEK ON 8TH MARCH.
If you require further information after you have viewed Part 2, send us your query in the Comment box below or contact your local JANOME dealer.
ADDENDUM TO THIS POST: JANOME CANADA HAS A SUPPLY OF 1GB & 2GB USB STICKS CURRENTLY (APRIL 2013) AVAILABLE FOR SALE. PLEASE ORDER THESE AT YOUR LOCAL JANOME DEALER BEFORE THEY ARE ALL GONE……AS WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE VERY HARD TO FIND!