I am very happy to report that these feet have arrived. Ask your local JANOME DEALER to order Part # 202087003 for you today. This foot is compatible with the JANOME HORIZON MC12000 ONLY. But wait…………..there’s more: see below for other ditch quilting options.
If you are at all like me, you were probably waiting with your breath held! I simply CANNOT manage without my Ditch Quilting foot. WHY do I love it so much?
- For many years I have loved to embellish my quilts and other sewing projects with machine decorative stitches. You can imagine how thrilled I was to get the JANOME HORIZON MC 12000 with 425 stitches, most of which are 9mm wide so I can continue to play big time with my decorative stitches. HOWEVER, it looks really poor if these decorative stitches drift out of the ditch just like a drunken sailor finding his way home! So that rudder or guide in the middle of the DITCH QUILTING FOOT is simply invaluable for staying in the ditch so that your sewing looks pretty and professional.
- Another factor that sometimes causes vexation when you stitch in the ditch is that the fabric may not feed evenly through the machine at all times. Obviously how well or poorly the fabric feeds depends on a number of things such as thickness and type of fabric; needle and thread choice; stitch selected (for example a straight stitch will feed much easier than a tight satin stitch). So if I have an accessory which helps me, I am on it like a hungry baby! The ACUFEED FLEX foot that comes standard with the JANOME HORIZON MC12000 is just such an accessory: Acufeed just got a major upgrade and new name: Acufeed Flex. This foot attaches onto the machine and the base of the foot is interchangable: the machine comes with the regular Acufeed flex foot (AD )+ the 1/4 inch quilting foot (OD). NOW we can add the DITCH QUILTING FOOT (SD) to our happy sewing room.
- SO………I have my handy dandy guide for sewing in the ditch PLUS I have the ACUFEED FLEX foot to feed thick or multiple layers of fabric through the machine. MAGIC!!! no distorted stitches………no “drunken sailors”…….but we do have one super happy sewing girl!
- There are MANY other uses for the Ditch Quilting foot – not just for stitching in the ditch. Perhaps I will do some blog posts on these sometime?
Now we do have other JANOME Ditch Quilting Feet options for you, especially for folk who do not yet own the JANOME HORIZON MC12000:
- We have the snap on 7mm wide opening Ditch Quilting foot S (part# 200341002 for 7mm top load machines) Watch a video about this foot.
- We offer the ACUFEED DITCH QUILTING FOOT Part# 846413006 which is only for the JANOME MC 6600P AND JANOME HORIZON 7700QCP
- There is also the JANOME CLEARVIEW FOOT AND GUIDE SET Part # 200449001, which offers the best of both options to quilters: it has 2 interchangable guides. One for Ditch quilting and the other for 1/4 inch piecing and seams. This is a snap-on foot for our top loading bobbin machines but note that it does not have a 7mm wide opening. It is designed for straight stitching. There are 4 video’s on this foot. One video demonstrates how to use the ditch quilting guide. The other 3 video’s show other uses for this great accessory.
As you can see…………..we have your sewing needs covered no matter what machine model or project you will be sewing.