We have literally SO many options for quilters with all our various JANOME sewing & quilting machines and applicable accessories so I thought I would offer a review of most of these options. We have several different quilting feet or to be specific, the JANOME 1/4 inch feet for you to use. One or more of these may well have come packed standard with your particular machine model when you purchased it. Other options are available as optional accessories.
- CLIP-ON METAL 1/4 INCH FOOT This foot is packed at part of the accessory feet package in many of our machines (not all, but quite a few have this as a standard accessory) Please check with your local JANOME dealer to see which metal 1/4 inch foot O is applicable for your machine. We have a number of slightly different ones : only difference being the specific model you have Eg Is your model a 7mm or 9mm machine? Is your machine a front load bobbin machine or a top load bobbin machine? ……the answers to these questions determine the correct foot for your machine. The feet look almost the same & certainly do the same thing but you do need to have the correct one for YOUR machine model to get optimum results. I refer you to this link for video’s about this Janome O foot
- CLEARVIEW QUILTING FOOT & GUIDE SET This foot is available for both 7mm and 9mm JANOME machine models so do be sure you purchase the correct one. It is a clear foot with red markings for a number of great applications (including 1/8 inch seams & miniature quilts) and comes with 2 little metal guides which you can alternate: one is the 1/4 inch guide which fits onto the foot down the right side. The other guide fits down the center of the foot for DITCH quilting. Very cool! I have heard many customers tell me that they actually prefer to sew their 1/4 inch seams without the guide so if you have this foot, you can do so very easily – just do not attach the guide. The pic below shows the 9mm version but the 7mm is also available for those machines.Use this link for video’s about this foot set.
- ACUFEED 1/4 INCH FOOT This foot is compatible with the JANOME MC6600P AND HORIZON MC7700 only. The foot is attached to the machine & the built-in dual upper feed dogs are then engaged into the foot. VERY effective in feeding fabric and an invaluable tool for these JANOME machine models. The foot is available with or without the straight stitch needle plate. Check with your local JANOME dealer for more information.
- ACUFEED FLEX 1/4 INCH FOOT
This foot is compatible with all our JANOME machine models which have the ACUFEED FLEX system – this is currently the MC12000; MC8900; MC8200. With this system the upper feed dogs are part of the foot so once attached to the machine, you are set to go quilting! Check with your local JANOME dealer as to whether your specific model listed just above has this 1/4 inch foot attachment as a standard accessory or whether it is an optional accessory. Either way….you will want to use this most useful tool!
- ACUFEED FLEX ZIPPER FOOT ED AND JANOME CLOTH GUIDE. Now there is yet another option which many quilters are finding they really like to do their 1/4 inch seams. Just don’t ever let it be said that we don’t give you lots of choices! This applies to ACUFEED FLEX models. With this method you will first attach the straight stitch plate on the machine. Then attach the SINGLE PRONG or narrow ACUFEED FLEX foot to the machine & clip on the ACUFEED ZIPPER FOOT ED. This has a hole right in the center of the foot and the space between the center needle position & the right hand side edge of the ED foot is just under 1/4 inch. So it is simply perfect for all those quilters who like to sew SCANT 1/4 seams! Just ride the fabric along the right hand side edge of the foot & there you are.
However, I have more to tell you: if you attach the JANOME CLOTH GUIDE to the free arm of the machine and align that at 1/4 inch or just a little left of that for a scant 1/4 inch, then you will have a handy dandy tool to line up your fabric and achieve a seam width exactly the size you require. Couldn’t be better, could it?? Some folk stick masking or painter’s tape to the bed of the machine to line up fabric for specific seams. Others stick those little strips of brightly coloured plastic to guide them. We don’t need to do this when we have the JANOME CLOTH GUIDE. Sometimes I think we just need to be reminded about the tools that come with the machine or ones which we purchased and put in a drawer & promptly forgot we had!!