OK, August is pretty much over and the Fall lies ahead. NOT that I am wishing the leaves to turn golden, NOR the colder weather to arrive……..BUT we do have to get moving with the next step of our blog challenge. SO, here goes. I have tried to make it as simple as possible but if you get yourself in a knot over it, let us know or visit your local JANOME dealer who will hopefully be able to help you.
- If you wish to donate bags you have made, these need to be handed in at your local JANOME dealer who will add up the total number they receive and I will then ship the toiletries to the dealer to be packed into the bags. This is assuming you & your dealer would prefer the bags made in your area be distributed to a charity (preferably a Women’s shelter or similar organization) in your area. If you & your dealer are not very fazed about where the bags go, they can be shipped by your dealer to me in Vancouver & we will fill them here & then distribute to charities – most likely in Vancouver & Vancouver Island. I already have 6 very worthy charity organizations lined up to receive donations.
- I will ask our Janome dealers to add up the number of bags submitted by each person as we also have prizes for those who submit the most # of bags. Some folk have already made well over 2 dozen so you will need to keep sewing if you want to beat them!! So be sure your dealer knows which bags are yours & how many you submit. I will send forms to each of our dealers so that they can record these details as the bags come in.
- You do not need to have your full name published on flickr or our blog if you do not wish. So long as your dealer knows who you are, that’s fine……so we know where prizes should go!
- You might like to pop a little card (no bigger than business card size please) into each bag you make with a little Christmas greeting and your name. You do not have to write your full name if you prefer not to. Mary S or Jane T will be just fine. I just thought that it would be so nice to have a little greeting sent by the maker of the bag. I know I was thrilled when I opened my bags at Quilt Canada & found a little card with the name & email address of the maker of the bag. I was able to thank them personally. We don’t have to do that, but a Christmas greeting and message of hope and encouragement would be a lovely touch.
- If you do not have a Janome dealer anywhere near you, please just send me a comment in the comment box on any of the blog posts and I will notify you of an address where you may ship your bags.
- If you would like to help your dealer pack the bags with the toiletries I will send & then distribute to your local charity, please be sure to mention this to your dealer. I am sure they will be very happy for the assistance as November & December is a very busy time for our dealers.
- PHOTO’S OF BAGS FOR THE VOTING FOR MOST FAVOURITE BAG. I have opened a flickr group online: httpw://www.flickr.com/groups/bagpics If you click on this link it will take you directly to the group site. I have called the group janomelife.elnalife. You will need to join the group in order to submit pics. It is an open group so anyone can join. Please follow these instructions:
- Join the group by clicking the +join group button in the section at the top next to the name of the group janomelife.elnalife. Then follow the prompts to join. You will be making your own sign in name & password so be sure you remember what it is! It will be required every time you want to enter the group to submit more pics or look at other pics & do the voting.
- Once you have joined, you will be able to submit your pics.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you make more than 1 bag, you will need a separate pic for each bag please. Take pics with as good a quality as you can. Good lighting and not blurry if you can help that. Submit the pic as per instructions below and be sure to add your name & a pic number . For example I might submit a pic as Liz T bag #1, Liz T bag#2 and so on. We just need something so we can locate winners!
- Please submit your pics online before you deliver the bags to your local dealer. PLEASE remember that bag pics need to be submitted online and dropped off at your dealer by 30 SEPTEMBER LATEST.
- To submit a pic online> (After you have joined the group ) use your user name & password to enter the group
- Click upload in the top tool bar
- Then select the hot pink bar Choose Photo’s & video’s
- You will then need to navigate to wherever you saved the pics (of your bags) on your computer. I would save the pics as mentioned above Liz T bag #1, etc (with your details of course) so that you know what pics are what & there is no confusion. I have a folder on my computer called Blog Bag Challenge so it makes it real easy to find my pics.
- Once you have selected the pic from wherever you have it stored on your computer, it will come up in flickr with the saved name of the pic with Add a description below it. Please type in your details eg Liz T bag #1
- Click upload 1 Photo in top right corner.
- There will be another prompt about Adding to the Photo stream. Click on this.
- The photo is then added to the other pics already saved in this group.
- Continue to add more bag pics as necessary. Please do not make any changes to other people’s pics.
- The photo most recently added will be first of the pics to be shown so if you wish to see them all, simply scroll down to see more.
- Please ask your dealer or send me a query if you get stuck and can’t seem to get your pic uploaded. But honestly, it is not that hard. Read & follow my step by step instructions above and you should be fine.
BY 30TH SEPTEMBER, I HOPE TO SEE MANY, MANY BAG PICS on FLICKR!!!!
I will give instructions for VOTING in due course……just thought we ought to get this step done first.