We have done posts about this wonderful optional accessory before, however, did we mention that it is a FAVOURITE! Wherever we go and show what you can do with THE JANOME CIRCULAR ATTACHMENT, the reaction is always the same. Lots of oooo’s and ahhhh’s seeing such a cool tool sewing in circles………..
Click here to see it in motion if you haven’t seen this before. This tool fits into the space vacated by the bobbin cover. There are 3 different size bobbin covers so it is important to ask your local JANOME DEALER for the correct one. Here are the 3 different ones and a brief explanation of which fits which machine:
- Your machine’s bobbin cover has a square-ish shape, you need PART # 202107000.
- Your machine’s bobbin cover is rectangular in shape and does NOT have the new EASY SET bobbin system, PART#202106009 will fit.
- You have one of our newer JANOME machines with the EASY SET bobbin system, with a little smaller rectangular shape bobbin cover, you need PART# 202135007. This Circular Attachment has an arm which screws into the needle plate to hold it firmly in place. It fits into the MC15000 & MC9900. NOTE: If you’ve purchased the NEW EASY SET ULTRA GLIDE NEEDLE PLATE for your 9mm model (see blog post May 9th, 2014), this Circular Attachment will work on other 9mm models when you have this needle plate on the machine.
OK, so what does the attachment do?
- It forces the fabric to sew in a circle so you can achieve all sorts of decorative effects in circles. Overlap the circles, or stitch half or quarter circles……playtime rules! Experiment with all sorts of decorative stitches on your machine……an EXCELLENT opportunity to use those neglected decorative stitches. Embellish clothing, pillows, place mats, table cloths, drapes, bed linen……anything you can think of!
- Take it one step further and use the JANOME CIRCULAR ATTACHMENT to sew perfect circles when you do applique. Yes, have you ever tried to sew a satin stitch applique stitch around the edge of a circle? I have and I am telling you that it is is extremely hard to get a perfect circle – no matter how hard you try! But let the JANOME CIRCULAR ATTACHMENT do the work for you and perfection becomes an easy thing to achieve!! Lay the applique fabric over the background fabric & pierce both fabrics with the pin on the Circular attachment. Sew a circle using a straight stitch. Remove the fabric from the pin and cut away the top fabric as close to the outside of the circle as possible. Put the fabric back onto the pin in the same hole & now stitch a satin stitch or other decorative stitch all around the circle over the top of the cut edge. VIOLA! perfect applique circle.
- Kick it up a notch and use the JANOME CIRCULAR ATTACHMENT to do machine quilting in circles…..yes, same thing: it is extremely difficult to stitch perfect circles at the same time as feeding a big quilt into the machine. But attach the Circular attachment, place the quilt onto the pin and then stitch or quilt in circles!
Have fun……make this attachment do the work for you.