Choose Your Image
I choose an apple, as it is the monthly theme for September. Janome MBX software can read a variety of formats like: jpeg, bmp, png, pcx, wmf, emf, eps.
- On the top tool bar, click on < image < insert image .
Digitize With Default Settings
- On the digitizing bar (mine is on the left) click on the Parallel Fill icon. There is a little black triangle, click on it and choose *Weave Fill (2nd icon)
- Start to digitize the larger red part of the apple. Remember, left click for a straight line and right click for a curve line < enter
- Digitizer MBX will apply the default weave fill but we will change this later < thread color 225
- Repeat the previous step < click around the small part of the apple < enter < thread color 202
- Repeat the previous step < click around the upper part of the of the leaf < enter < thread color 206
- Repeat the previous step < click around the lower part of the of the leaf < enter < thread color 268
- Repeat the previous step < click around the stem < enter < thread color 214
The apple is totally digitized with default setting.
Changing the Fill Pattern
The setting for each of the 5 parts of the original default design has been change like this:
With a software, there is always a few ways to do things but here is an easy option to change the weave fill:
- On the resequence window (mine is on the right) choose the colors option as the picture
- Right click on the first color < red 225 < The objects details box will appear, < then choose among one of the 25 different weave fill patterns.
- Beside the pattern choice, there is a preview window to see the effect of each of the 25 patterns before you make your choice, however, you can always change it.
- But… there is more… the stitch spacing and the stitch length… now you are in business! All those pattern will look so different with these two adjustments.
Here is some other pattern of weave fills.
With the Digitizer MBX the possibilites are endless !
Please watch for further MBX lessons on gradient and radial fills.
Celine Ross is the Education Coordinator for Eastern Canada. She is based in Montreal. She divides her time between traveling and teaching for Janome and teaching specialized classes at her school, École de Couture Céline Ross. Celine is the managing editor of Janome Canada’s French language blog, La Vie Chez Janome.