Celine joins us again for a further exercise in using MBX embroidery fills.
Exploring Radial Fills
The Radial Fill stitching effect is achieved by radiating stitches from a common central point. It can be applied using Fill stitches with or without patterns, including Satin and Weave.
To stay with the Apple theme, let’s use the same Apple, click on < image < insert image.
Digitize with Parallel Radial Fill
- On the digitize bar (mine is on the left) click on the Parallel Fill icon. There is a little black triangle, click on it and choose * Parallel Radial Fill (5th icon)
- Because of the Radial effect we will digitize all around the red part of the apple and eliminate the small detail < enter < WOW… just 1 click and look the result…
- As you can see in the ‘reshape’ picture, there is a circle in the center of the stitches; when you click on the *Reshape object icon you obtain digitize stitch dot all around the design and in the center.
Move this center point anywhere in the design for a variation of the angle of the stitches as on the picture below.
Even More Possibilities…
That is not all, there are more possibilities. If you double click on the red stitches this will open the object details window < click Radial Fill < √ on the Radial little box < no pattern <
and, you will obtain this interesting *Radial Stitch Fill as below:
Move this center point anywhere in the design for a variation of the angle of the stitches as on the picture below:
- To apply a pattern to your Radial Fill < click on the Pattern checkbox
- Select a pattern from the dropdown list: there is close to 100 patterns