Janome America has partnered with us once again to share a project – this time, a downloadable apple embroidery design (free design #3) Software specialist, Terry, greeted our request for new ideas and projects to share with her own unique digitized apple. Terry created this design using Janome MBX digitizing software. She shares a few of her digitizing details here:
- For the apple fill and highlights, I manually digitized the shapes with the Parallel Weave Fill.
- Once I had the shapes, I selected each shape and used the Florentine Effect to bend the direction of the stitches to create the effect that I wanted.
- The outline of the apple is done with Outline & Offsets, and I changed the stitch type to a Backstitch Line.
- The leaves were manually digitized using the Turning Angle Satin Fill, and leaf veins done with a Single Run Line.
- The apple stem and leave stems were also manually digitized using the Turning Angle Satin Fill.
Terry invites users to try the design in assorted colors and “make it their own.” In case you missed them, we shared two other designs earlier this month – our logo apple and Trevor’s digitizing lesson apple. Each of these has a unique style. We hope that you enjoy using them in your own projects.
A Preview of our September 30th Project
We have really enjoyed working as a team to bring you a daily bite of sewing goodness throughout September. There is no end to all that we can learn, make and do when it comes to sewing. We hope that you will stop by to enjoy tomorrow’s finale project. It is a beauty!