A Christmas wall hanging can replace an array of table top or mantle shelf decoration. Just using some of the great sewing & embroidery functions on our Janome machines, Embroidery software, specialized rulers, decorative accessories and… the most important… creativity… it is possible to produce a unique mini-wall hanging.
The techniques used for this mural are:
- Meandering with stippling using the unique Janome AcuFil system
- Artistic embroidery software to convert some Christmas images into embroidery.
- Putting our favourite ‘The Sewing Revolution’ (round) ruler to good use.
- Janome ¼ ” foot and Binder foot (for bias tape)
- Janome Buttonhole foot and Button sewing foot
- Several decorative buttons
- Silhouette Cameo for the star on the top of the tree.
- Thread: solid colour as well as varigated.
- Janome Red Tip needles
- Janome F foot – satin stitch foot.
To hang the mural, there are two possibilities:
- Sew a quilt sleeve on the back to slide in a flat hanging rod.
- Sewing four loops with buttons and buttonholes
Here is a great opportunity to practice using all the accessories that you purchased during the year or found under the tree today!
Don’t forget to “sign” your masterpiece on the back – using our Janome embroidery machine is a great way to do this!