Remember the “Mend it Better” book that was our give-away last month/March? Well, Joyce of Lethbridge won it! We announced that at the beginning of April but thought you might like to see this pic of Joyce receiving her book from Deb at Lethbridge Sewing Center. Thanks for sharing the pic, Deb. And once again, congrats, Joyce!
AND NOW FOR THE WINNER OF APRIL’S GIVE-AWAY OF WONDERFIL THREAD:
Once again, we selected a randomly generated computer number and the winner is……….Bev Louwagie whose dealer is Sew & Save of Stratford, Ontario. Congrats, Bev – You have won this lovely big presentation box of Wonderfil Threads! We will contact Mark and arrange to ship your thread to him. He will call you when it arrives. Please come prepared for a photo op when you collect your prize. Enjoy playing with all this thread on your Janome sewing machine!
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: If you would like to be entered for a chance to win the lovely book reviewed below, please follow these rules:
- Please enter your Name and local Janome dealer store name in the comment box below this blog post. PLEASE send only ONE comment – ie please only enter your name into the draw once. In fairness to all the others entering, we will delete extra entries.
- Please note that we are only able to ship this book to an address in Canada.
- As before, we will generate a random computer number at the end of May and announce the winner in early June. Please note that the deadline for entries for the Diana Rupp book reviewed below is 31 May 2105.
- We will try to arrange for you to be photographed to show your wining smile on our janomelife blog. Please note that entering this draw assumes you have given your consent to be photographed. We will only publish your first name & the name of your local JANOME dealer with the pic.
OUR GIVE-AWAY FOR THE MONTH OF MAY 2015 is another great book donated by Storey Publishing:
The patterns which are included with this book are full size paper patterns with an $80 value!! They are all beautifully folded into a big pocket inside the front cover of the binder/book. It is one of those lovely spiral bound books with hard binder type cover. When you open it, everything lays 100% flat so is a very convenient reference tool while you are sewing. There are 248 pages chock full of LOADS of sewing information.
Diana Rupp is a former fashion Editor, she founded and runs the New York City craft school called “The Make Workshop” which teaches everything from how to use a sewing machine to spinning your own yarn. Diana is also a Craftsy instructor and author……..we are sure you will love this book.
It is a lively how to and why to sew tutorial that marries attitude and instruction while teaching everything you need to know:
- How to find the right machine & bond with it
- Essential skills from winding a bobbin to sewing a dart to customizing a pattern
- Preparing a workspace
- the Ten Fabric commandments
- Laying out and cutting patterns
- With step by step instructions and full colour pics and illustrations throughout this wonderful Guide.
- The Projects section has many wonderful “Get stitching” projects to try: Clothing; Accessories; Home dec items and gifts, bags, etc.
GOOD LUCK!! Don’t forget to enter to win this book in the comment box just below this post.
Deadline is 31st May. ONE entry only per person with your first name & your local Janome dealer store.