Are you looking for a destination for a weekend drive? Why not visit one of the many quilt shows displaying all across Canada. What a great way to see some amazing talent, be inspired and visit a city or town that perhaps you’ve never been! And of course check out the local restaurants.
Quilts Kingston 2015
This show features a display of hundreds of traditional and contemporary quilts and wall hangings by the Kingston Heirloom Quilters and the Limestone Quilters’ Guild. Here are some of the things you’ll see.
- Demonstrations of quilting techniques and Meet the Quilt Makers
- Care and repair of quilts (Bring your quilted treasures that need some TLC if you don’t know what to do. They’ll guide you on what to do.)
- Quilters’ Boutiques
- Quilts for sale
- Merchants’ Mall including Scissor & Rotary Cutter Sharpening (didn’t know I could get those sharpened!!!!)
- Door prizes
- A display by the Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts
- A display by the Limestone Loopers, a Kingston rug hooking group
- Quilts by children, 14 yrs and under
Its the Kingston Heirloom Quilters and the Limestone Quilters’ Guild 25th Anniversary! To celebrate this event V.B.Simkins Sewing Machines will be giving away a Janome Skyline S5 and the 3 optional kits! Be sure to visit Eric at his booth and fill out a ballot!
Do you have a quilt you’d like appraised?
Have you every wondered how much your quilt is worth? We all know they are priceless because of all the blood sweat and tears we put in! They invite you to bring your quilt to the Show on Friday or Saturday for a written ($65) or verbal ($25) appraisal. Note that a written report is required for insurance purposes. Please go to their website to download your form.
Hope your spring and summer plans can include a quilt show! Let us know if you’ve been inspired.
Happy travels, Linda P.