The ARTISTIC EDGE 15 DIGITAL CUTTER is one amazing fun tool which adds SEW many creative possibilities & options to our sewing and crafting studio’s. We will offer a few posts on this topic as there is way too much to put in just one post. This is part 1 on the topic.
The Artistic Edge 15 digital cutter offers:
- TWO 15 inch square cutting mats: 1 is high tac for fabric and other mediums & the other is low tac for paper and card stock, etc.
- Three different blades for different cutting projects
- Simple Cut software (worth approx. $500) which allows you many creative options for cutting, digitizing, drawing, making stencils, scrapbooking, card making and sew much more.
- Pen holder and 2 pens
- Tools for adjusting settings
- Power pack
- Cable to connect cutter to your computer although it also has WIRELESS CONNECTION.
So what exactly does this cutter do?
The Simple Cut software which is included with the cutter takes all the hassle out of cutting a wide array of different materials: No more AccuCutters with a separate die for every different shape & size…… No more light boxes or taping things to windows (?) to trace intricate applique shapes……. No more fiddling around with X-acto knives and scissors………YES, we have entered the digital age where our SIMPLE Cut software and Digital cutter does it all for us:
- Cut simple or very intricate applique shapes for any & all forms of applique on quilts, home decor projects, garments and more.
- Not only does it cut our applique fabric but it also digitizes the applique stitch to stitch down that cut applique in the hoop of your home embroidery machine. No more holding your tongue in the right spot in your cheek as you try to sew an applique stitch exactly on the edge of the fabric! No, it is 100% perfect when done as applique-in-the-hoop. And there are literally HUNDREDS of different applique stitches to choose from (see pic above for just ONE of them). NO more cutting of intricate applique shapes with trim-in-place applique. Yes….applique bliss has certainly arrived!
- You need never buy another quilt or other type of stencil ever again……cut stencils from card stock, stencil plastic and more using Simple Cut’s clever stencil bridge function. Absolutely no need for X-acto knives and labour intensive fuss. Then use your stencil for whatever you have in mind: marking quilting designs onto your quilt? painting words and/or shapes onto a banner or poster?
- Similarly, you too can now make your own silk screen templates very easily. No fancy equipment needed: just use self adhesive vinyl and drapery sheers to create a myriad of patterns for silk screen printing; fabric painting and inking.
- Ever bought stamps for scrapbooking, card making and/or fabric embellishment? Did you nearly choke when you saw the price of these little things which you might only use a few times? Mmmmm……yes, well, now make your own from any shape & size you so desire. Cut craft foam with the Artistic Edge digital cutter, mount onto a base such a thick cardstock or a little (wood or plastic) block….Voila! you have a stamp ready to ink and go.
- Cut all your paper and cardstock designs for Scrapbooking and card making
- Cut decals, motifs and more for your home décor and seasonal projects – use paper, card stock or vinyl – whatever material you desire.
- Cut fabric, paper or card stock for little people parties as well as for big people: 2nd birthday party? 30th? 50th? engagement party? baby showers? bridal showers? and more. Decorating for every occasion becomes not only fun but quick & easy.
- Cut Heat Transfer vinyl for applying onto T-shirts, onesies; pillows, bags and more
- Cut self-adhesive vinyl for window decals, decorations, boxes, tins, shoes, bags, etc.
- I used the negative space from self adhesive vinyl cut-outs to stick onto wine glasses and toothbrush jars, etc and then applied etching paste to the glass showing through the cut out. Wash off the paste & voila! you have a permanently etched wine glass……think wedding, Christmas, birthday parties and more.
- Do BLING the super easy way…….gone, gone , gone is the tedious hot fix crystal wand with each crystal applied one at a time. Nooooooo…….our Simple cut software lets you create intricate crystal and rhinestone layouts for application – attach ALL the crystals at the same time!
- Cut wood (like balsa wood) – simply stick it to the cutting mat, insert the correct of the 3 cutting blades & CUT. Use for decorations, models, card making and more
- Cut metal to make jewellery, key rings, decals etc. Use thin sheets of silver, copper, brass , emboss or etch with our accessory tools & cut with the metal cutting blade on the cutter.
We will be sharing more pics and information about the above techniques in a series of blog posts under the title: WOW! LOOK AT WHAT THE ARTISTIC EDGE 15 DIGITAL CUTTER CAN DO.