Welcome to Day Four of Making Merry with Janome
Today we really do MAKE our own MERRY, and you can too, with totally FREE, downloadable Embroidery (in JEF format) designs.
A QUICK Project to Embroider, Sew and Pin
Declare that you will be Making Your Own Merry as you push through your final projects with this SUPER EASY pin cushion. After embroidering, it takes about 5 minutes to put together.
You will need:
- The embroidery design (files linked below)
- Grey Felt (enough to hoop)
- Stabilizer for hooped felt
- Pink Felt (6″ square)
- Stuffing to fill the cushion
- Thread (for embroidery & stitching together)
- Scalloped rotary cutter blade
- Embroider the Making My Own design on stabilized grey felt
- Align your ruler along the outer border lines of the embroidery design with the 1/2″ line. Trim with scallop blade. Finished size of this square will be 5″
- Trim 6″ pink felt with scallop blade
- Centre and lay grey felt atop the pink felt square.
- Stitch (wrong sides together) around the perimeter of the embroidery design, leaving a 2″ gap for stuffing (you can see the grey stitching in the above image)
- Stuff the cushion
- Close the gap with straight stitching
The Embroidery Design Files
There are two designs to choose from: Making Merry or Making My Own Merry
Making My Own Merry is in a square format (used in project)
Making Merry is circular and could be used as an embellishment or ornament
Follow this link to the Google drive folder for the designs. Once there, double-click on the folder that you wish to download.
Sneak Peek of Day 5
Join us tomorrow when Trina of Will Cook for Shoes shares her take on a traditional holiday project. (Don’t say we did not warn you about the cookie recipes that may be found there as well!)