Welcome to week two of Making Merry with Janome
Instead of a project, today we wanted to share news of a product that is too adorable to hide away. Maybe it is just right for someone on your holiday shopping list?
Meet the Janome Mini Machine: the Derby
At just five pounds, this little wonder provides genuine sewing features in a fun format for any age sewist. Shown here in Graceful Gray and Pink Lightning, the derby machines provide a great sewing experience for beginners and part-time stitching crafters.
5 Reasons to Love the Derby
- A feisty range of stitches: True locking stitches (unlike the chain stitches of some “toy” machines) in selectable lengths for straight stitching and three different widths of zig zag. Also included are a decorative scallop stitch and a triple zig zag
- A drop-in bobbin system: easy to load and simple to see when your thread is running low
- A safe-guard sewing foot: ridges on the outer edges act as a guard to keep small fingers from pushing into the path of the needle (of course, when little ones are sewing, you are there to guide them too.)
- A handy reverse lever: for locking stitches in place, as well as easy forward and reverse stitched embellishment.
- A petite storage drawer for extra bobbins and bits.
While these little wonders might not be able to match the power or speed of your full size Janome, they make a cute addition to your crafting collection. You can learn more about the Derby machines on Janome.com.
Sneak Peek of Making Merry Day Seven
We can’t wait to show you the project on tap for tomorrow from Sherri Sylvester of Thread Riding Hood – over-sized swirls of stitchy goodness, complete with printable PDF pattern pieces. What more could you ask for on a Monday morning to start an inspired week of sewing? See you soon!
Thank You for the amazing prize offer. I have not yet tried sewing on my pages, but this would be a great place to start
This little Machine looks amaZing!! I would love one of these for scrapbooking!
Love this machine and i onow i could put it to good use
This is adorable, love the colour. Would they be available in New Zealand?
Hi Kathy – Hmm… we are not sure of what other subsidiaries carry the Sew Mini (sometimes called the Derby) model. Perhaps a local dealer would know?
Oh how I would like this beautiful and compact sewin machine. I would love to bring it with me to the crop and create in toronto❣
Thanks so much for offering the prizes at Scrapbooking and Cards!
Omg!! How adorable is that machine!! I need one of those!! My niece would love to learn on it.