Some updates for machines and software have been posted to the global website…..some were available in October 2015 and some more today:
To find these go to http://www.janome.ca > bottom left corner of the home page > global website > click on DOWNLOADS and then select machine or software for the latest updates. It usually indicates this with NEW next to the update.
- NEW AcuSetter APP is now available for free download at the APP store. Please visit your local authorized Janome dealer for a demonstration on how to use this amazing new APP – it is a little bit like an electronic CLOTHSETTER…assisting you to make hoop placement adjustments using the iPad camera and the nifty AcuSetter App. It is very clever so do be sure to get a demo at your local Janome dealer and/or take a tour on the APP > just click the information icon.
- Software update for Digitizer Junior – version 4.5H which adds compatibility with new models such as the Janome MC5000E as well as WIFI functionality with Janome MC15000.
- Software update for Digitizer MBX – version 4.5H which adds compatibility with new models such as the Janome MC500E embroidery only machine.
- Software update for OS/Windows 10 compatibility with Digitizer MBX version 4.5 and 4.0.
- Machine update for Janome MC15000 to version 2.11. Please download this to your PC and then upload this to your MC15000 with a USB stick. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE. We recommend that you download & print these instructions which are offered in PDF format and then read them step by step as you go. This is important.
MC15000 v2.11 adds compatibility with the AcuSetter APP; embroidery couching and other improvements. The NEW Embroidery Couching foot for Mc15000 is not included with this free update on the website but is now in stock in Canada and may be ordered from your local Janome Mc15000 authorized dealer. Part # is 202 297 008. Please note that this foot is only compatible with Janome MC15000. (The Janome MC14000 includes embroidery couching but is not a model that we currently carry in Canada. The EL920 is also a model which includes embroidery couching – This Elna model is available at selected Elna Canada dealers.)
After you have updated the MC15000 to version 2.11, you will notice a new icon at the end of the row of icons at the top of the Ready to Sew embroidery screen: it looks like a P foot. Select this icon and then select from 3 embroidery feet: the regular P foot or either PC-1 or PC-2 which are the 2 NEW feet which come in the Embroidery Couching foot package. More below.
5. In addition to the update for MC15000 to version 2.11, there are 10 new Embroidery couching designs which you may download, save these onto a USB stick and open at the machine to embroider on your MC15000 (Or alternatively send wirelessly to the Mc15000 via Horizon Link Suite or use the PC cable – so many options!). This design download is immediately below the Version 2.11 update on the Global website.
Have fun exploring these new functions, features and tools! Merry Christmas!