I know that I am repeating myself but it is a ‘MUST’ to practice various techniques by making as many samples as it is possible to learn how your new machine works.
We recognize this new digital cutter Artistic Edge with the logo; so, I will start my demonstration of different technique with the Artistic logo which is the flower and the ‘E’ for Edge.
On the next picture, there are five techniques:
- The logo ‘edge flower’ at the higher left top is embroidery with straight stitches
- Then the two flowers are also embroidered with a straight stitch
- The same two flowers at the bottom right are embroidered with zigzag stitch ‘Satin Serial’
- In the center, from left to right the ‘e’ for ‘edge’ is embroidered with a chain stitch motif that was chosen under ‘ Running’
- In the middle, I choose the ‘Crystals’ function for the ‘e’
- At the right the ‘e’ is embroidered with a zigzag from ‘Satin Serial’
Now, on the next sample, I used the Artistic Edge 15 digital cutter to cut the fabric for an ‘applique’. We have to prepare the fabric and iron wonder-under (or similar fusible product) on the wrong side. This will stiffen the fabric making it easier to cut a clean, crisp edge. After the cutting, we simply pull the paper from the wrong side to iron the applique to the right side of the second/background fabric.
- On the left, here is the cutting for the ‘applique’
- On the right, this is the opposite piece of the fabric that can be used for ‘reverse applique’
With the ‘Edge’ it is possible to choose the ‘Frame’ cutting function
The ‘EDGE’ easily cuts intricate shapes, and it is possible to select more than one option at the same time as you can see in this example.
- The left flower is embroidered with a straight stitch in ‘Running’
- For the right flower I choose the function ‘Crystals’ and the frame is cut with the ‘applique’ function and then ironed to the fabric. All were cut in one single step.
- At the right bottom, the flower was cut with the ‘applique’ function and embroidered with the applique stitch
- All the cut parts can be used: applique, reverse applique, frame all in a single operation and also one pass… many in one !!!
And this is just a beginning… more techniques will follow… stay tuned!!!
Please visit your local authorized Janome dealer in your area to see their samples and to participate in a demonstration!