With the purchase of the digital cutter Artistic Edge 15, the software SimpleCut is included. While you are doing the installation you notice that there is another software to install which is my editor™
It is a simple viewing and editing software with some innovative features and functions. It was mainly developed to provide the capability to view and modify supported embroidery files and then re-save any of them in any of the available embroidery file formats.
It can be very helpful for any user who wants to make simple changes to his embroidery designs. It will help you view your designs with actual thread colors, make changes and add information to them. It also includes extra browsing and saving capabilities, and tools for better production and material management.
This ‘butterfly’ design (shown below) is among the 3,500 built-in designs in the software. When you select a design, it will appear in the working area with all the possible functions.
The main application window consists of a variety of menus, toolbars and tool windows. Together with the design area, they are called a workspace. A workspace is any combination of the above components. The way that workspace components and windows are placed is fully customizable. When opening the application for the first time, all these tools are placed by default in a way to help you focus on your task (creating, editing and viewing embroidery designs). Make any arrangement of workspace components in order to have a workspace that matches your personal preferences.
my editor features
- Open and edit .NGS files
- Open and Save to many different embroidery machine file formats easily
- Complete stitch editor that allows you to fine tune or even replace the stitches of the design.
- 3D preview of the embroidery design for visualizing the final result
- Embroidery process simulation with extra ability to simulate the frame movement
- Scale and rotate designs
- Create beautiful designs with the Array tool
- Apply special functions to objects (thread trim, stop, sequin, applique, needle up etc.)
- Email embroidery files automatically
- Keep useful embroidery information/hints for each design
- Produce a detailed printout of the design
- Export the embroidery image of the design ( .jpg, .png, .tiff or .bmp image file )
- Merge open designs by using Copy and Paste functions
But wait, there is more… the APPS for iPad, iPhone & iPod named DRAWings is a version of my editor™. You will find the same working area and the functionality is identical.
Ahhhh, it is so much fun to surf on the net and when you prepare your work you can be sitting by the pool or having a drink in the garden or even in the metro or a in a waiting room…well just about anywhere – That’s what mobile devices do for us nowadays!
It becomes easy to enlarge your library with smart tools and then you can classify, prepare and personalise your embroidery designs directly into the APP… an intelligent and easy game !!!
Finally, with SimpleCut you obtain two software programs PLUS an APP !