With the Edge 15 Digital Cutter & Plotter, it is almost impossible to take hours to cut pieces of fabric for a quilt. Since the cutting mat is 15’’X15’’ (or the optional accessory 15″ x 30″ mat), you simply have to lay your fabric on the mat, choose the shape and its measurement and then the Artistic Edge will cut it easily, fast and precisely. These shapes : VECTOR, SVG files are ‘Scalable Vector Graphics’ and are editable, readable and usable in many ways without losing resolution. Here are some SVG shapes which are included in the Simple Cut software which comes with the Edge cutter :
How long would it take you to cut fabric shapes manually and especially precisely? The Artistic Edge will do the job for you leaving more time to sew! The following picture shows some of the included quilting shapes.
Here is the guideline to cut a shape with fabric from the instruction book:
Did you notice that the Edge is also cutting the notches or registration marks for much easier sewing ?!
Please practice this exercice to create many of the same shapes for a quilt by following the steps in the manual (see above). You will first follow the steps describe in the previous paragraph and add the the following to step #9 :
- Select the motif < click array < apply rectangular array < ok
- Four motifs will appear on the screen
- Keep filling up the mat with < array / copy / paste
- Place your first color of fabric on the 15 x 15 inch mat
- Go to step 10 to cut the fabric
- Let the EDGE cutter cut all the shapes from the first color
- Go back to step 10 to cut fabric
- Place your second color of fabric on the mat
- Let the EDGE cut all the shapes from the second color
- Voilà, now you just need to sew all the pieces together !
Please visit the Janome authorized dealer in your area to see samples and to participate to a demonstration!