Whatever the Weather Quilt-Along, Arriving September
Are Quilt Shops On Your Labour Day Travel Route?
We thought that you might want to bring along a handy fabric shopping list, just in case. You may have seen Canadian Designer Tamara Kate’s awesome Pixelated Apple quilt a while back on Janome Life. Tamara’s Whatever the Weather quilt, designed to celebrate the release of her exclusive collection of sewing totes with Janome, is a full on, raid the stash, grab your color wheel and play – kind of quilt!
Whatever the Weather measures 40 x 49 inches.
List of Materials
- rainbow triangles: 72 charm squares (5” x 5”) coloured fabrics: These need to be in a full rainbow of colours. Divide the rainbow into 24 colours. For each colour, you will need 3 different pieces (ranging from lighter to stronger).
- inner triangles: a variety of pieces (or one piece) of dark neutral fabrics (like charcoal, for example) that have relatively the same base colour, totaling a fat quarter.
- ground fabric: a variety of pieces (or one piece) of very light neutral fabrics (like soft grey or white, for example), totaling 2 metres.
- backing fabric: 1 ½ metres.
- binding fabric: ½ metre.
- batting: 44” x 52”
- thread, a 60-degree triangle clear acrylic ruler, a long clear acrylic ruler (ex. 6” x 24”), a rotary cutter, drawing paper.
Beginning on September 7 (followed by 14 and 21) Janome Life will be sharing Tamara’s quilt instructions, hints and tips. It is sure to be a fun project. And to make it even sweeter, Tamara will be offering a give-aways of some of her beautiful Michael Miller fabrics. (There might even be a limited edition tote giveaway too!?)
So, our sewing a quilting friends, enjoy your holiday, play with your stash and let’s see if we can make a beautiful, colourful, and happiness inducing start to the sewing season together in September!