Yes, indeed, excitement is running high as the countdown to QUILT CANADA 2017 is down to mere days…….it is to be held at the International Centre, Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario next week Wed 14 June to Sat 17 June. Show hours and all other details about the show may be found on the Quilt Canada 2017 website.
Janome is one of the major sponsors of Quilt Canada.
This year we are sponsoring:
- National Juried Show prizes including Best of Show.
- Janome is providing sponsorship towards the costs of displaying the Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild show – one of the many Concurrent quilt shows which will be on display next week.- a total of 11 quilt shows.
- Janome is providing 5 machines for the Big Quilt Bee so you can sit and sew quilts for Ronald McDonald house
- In addition Janome is setting up no less than 80 sewing machines in the classrooms for workshop participants so that you don’t have to drag your sewing machine to the show. We make it easy and super convenient for you – all with our compliments. These machines are the fabulous Limited Edition Canada 150 models complete with our pretty rainbow colour maple leaf logo (designed by Tamara Kate of Montreal)
- Janome has also sponsored the production costs of the NJS catalogue so that these will be on sale for a THIRD of the usual price so that you can wander around the National Juried show with your catalogue in hand to fully appreciate and enjoy the NJS quilt show.
Janome has some very exciting things planned for the Janome booth:
- We have our brand new and very fabulous long arm quilting machine making its debut. Quilters will have their socks blown off by this!
- There will also be a wide array of different Janome machines, Janome feet and accessories for sale and for your quilting information. Don’t forget that all the great Canada 150 Limited Edition Canada 150 machines used in the classrooms will be available for purchase. (Please see Janome dealers and staff on the booth for special show pricing)
- We are also offering ongoing daily “pop-up” presentations for your quilting enjoyment. These will be on a wide variety of quilting related topics eg: ruler quilting; Janome 1/4 inch piecing options and so much more. Do come by the booth to see the times these topics that will be presented by Janome educators as well as visiting guest Janome Artisans. Trust me on this one……we have been working for months on these and you are in for a treat!!
- Bring your Janome quilting queries to the Janome booth during Quilt Canada. We have almost a dozen Janome people: educators, sales staff and Dealers in attendance on the Janome booth to assist you on the biggest Janome booth we have had in Canada! SEE YOU THERE.
As you can see, Janome is fully committed to Quilting in Canada and to the support of our National Quilting organization: CQA/ACC.
SO….. if you are a quilter and love fiber and textiles, you probably want to be at Quilt Canada 2017 next week. Registrations for workshops are now closed but lecture tickets and Evening function tickets are still available.
When is the Canada 150 quilting pattern going to be available?
It will be available very soon on our website http://www.janome.ca and has indeed been available at our Janome Canada dealers for some time. You may ask any Janome dealer in Canada to email the designs to you or may download them when they have been uploaded. I will post notifying of their availability online as soon as this is done.