The Oh Canada! Maple Leaf Quilt Pattern is Finally Available + a limited time offer of another pattern (fabric buckets) from Tamara Kate (see below) .
Tamara Kate of Kayajoydesigns.com is one of our Janome Canada artisans who has been featured in several blog posts in the past. Tamara Kate designed this exquisite quilt below for our Canada 150 Limited edition sewing machine and featured in our Cross Canada Look book this summer. The quilt was also on display in the Janome booth at Quilt Canada in June in Mississauga, Ontario.
Tamara tells us: Earlier this year I designed and made this quilt inspired by the logo I created for Janome Canada’s Special Edition Canada 150 sewing machine (the machine is available until the end of 2017 through your local Canadian Janome dealers) to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday. The logo was inspired by the vibrant diversity of this wonderful country of ours.
Making a stunning wall hanging, the quilt is a 44″ square, foundation paper pieced project in a rainbow of colours that has been touring Canadian quilting and sewing shows with the Janome Canada team since this spring. And now you can make your own!
I had a lot of fun with straight line quilting it with the AcuFeed Flex foot (walking foot), using a light grey thread on the leaf and a few rows of light grey, a row of red and lots and lots of rows of a darker grey thread for quilting the ground. These colours, along with a lovely colourful range pulled from the quilt, can be found in the accompanying Aurifil thread kit that is available through many Janome Canada dealers. Please see below for info on how you can enter to win one of 2 boxes of this thread.
The pattern is available at Craftsy: https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/oh-canada-maple-leaf-quilt/503556
I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did. I’ve included a multitude of hints and tips in the pattern to help you out along the way. I think you’ll find it goes together surprisingly quickly due to its large-scale pieces.
And for a limited time, every purchase of the Oh Canada! Maple Leaf Quilt pattern will entitle you to a free copy of my popular Variable Sized Fabric Buckets pattern (see details here: https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/patterns/fabric-buckets-variable-sizes/510467
The additional fabric buckets pattern will be emailed to you within 24 hours of the quilt pattern purchase.
THE MAPLE LEAF QUILT PATTERN INCLUDES:
– Printable pattern.
– Full instructions (with photos) for paper piecing, so even novices to this technique can get straight to it. You basically only need to be a confident sewist and know how to sew a straight line. You’ll be amazed at how quickly and easily it comes together.
– A full fabric requirement list with suggested Michael Miller Cotton Couture colours (though it shouldn’t be difficult to find substitutes from a variety of different fabric houses).
– A pictorial overview of the pattern for ease with pattern placement.
– Lots of tips and hints to help you out along the way.
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: 44″ x 44″
AND AS PROMISED: we have a thread giveaway. We have two boxes Aurifil 50wt cotton thread as in the pic above. This is our Janome Limited Edition Canada 150 thread box with the colours in the Canada 150 machine logo that Tamara designed.
Want a chance to win one of these 2 thread boxes? Drop a line in the comment box below about what you would like to make with this thread…….besides Tamara’s Maple Leaf quilt , of course!
- Shipping of the 2 thread boxes to Canadian addresses only please.
- Only ONE entry per person during the 2 week draw period please. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entries will close at 12 midnight on Saturday 30th September. We will draw ONE winner from entries during week 1: 18-23rd September and a SECOND winner from entries during week 2: 25th – 30th September.
- We will notify the winners in early October and make arrangements to ship the thread to the 2 lucky winners.
I love doing embroidered gifts for my siblings, kids and grandkids. my next project is a graduation quilt for the oldest grandaughter.