Oh my, 2017 is almost a thing of the past! It has been an incredibly busy, but as usual, an exciting and fun year for us here at janomelife.
Do keep reading to the end of this post or you might miss what is coming in 2018!
What happened in 2017?
- New Roller totes for our Janome MC500E embroidery machine (also compatible with the MC450E) and a great roller tote for the Artistic Edge Digital cutter. Check out our post on this.
- We announced a new foot for our Janome Coverpro sergers.
- We were thrilled to offer our lovely Canada 150 Limited edition sewing machine model for our big Canadian anniversary year. And here for part 2.
- And our free Maple Leaf designs digitized by our Educator Yvonne for you all. Maple leaf Logo/Artwork was done by our Artisan Tamara Kate
- Big News: Janome now has a long arm stand up quilter! The amazing Quiltmaker Pro 18. We have done many posts about this since it was launched earlier this year so do a seacrh in the search box to the right of the screen and check out all the excitment about this machine.
- Big news: The launch of our NEW Janome Horizon MC15000 Quilt Maker + the upgrade for previous versions of tis machine.
- More big news: the launch of the NEW AcuSketch app – free for our WIFI embroidery machine models and now with version 2.0 from 22 Dec 2017, for all our Jef. format embroidery machine models!! See our post last week on 22 Dec on this topic.
- NEW AcuStitch tool added to Horizon Link Suite software. See this post.
- Big news: The launch of our NEW Janome MC6700P. Sit, sew…. fall in love. This link as well. This machine has been received with open arms.
- New Taping Guide foot.
- New Janome branded stylus pen for using on iPad with our apps, especially AcuSketch App. See post last week on 22nd December 2017
In addition to all of the above new product announcements, we have offered regular input from our Educators: Liz, Michael, Yvonne and Celine (Celine writes French posts – many of these have been translated into English for janomelife so that you can benefit from the good information Celine publishes on Vie Janome). We are sure you have enjoyed the good information all these educators have offered you this year to make your sewing experience easier and more fun.
Don’t forget that we have the comment box after every post if you have a simple question for us. We try to answer within 24-48 hours although we often refer you to your local Janome dealer who is better equipped to answer lengthy queries and for owner’s lessons on your machines and software.
We published a very good post in January 2017 about where to look for resources to learn about our various Janome products. Check this post out if you missed it or have forgotten the contents. Many people have told us how very helpful this list is.
We have also enjoyed regular input from our Janome Canada Artisans: Tamara Kate in Quebec; Sherri Sylvester, Andrea Ford, Tania Denyer and Jeannie Jenkins in Ontario; Trina Gallop in Manitoba; Ron Collins in Saskatchewan; Kim Jamieson- Hirst in Alberta; and Cynthia Frenette in BC . Their projects and techniques have inspired us and made us want to run to our machines to sew, quilt and embroider!
We have another artisan to introduce soon to you – She has just joined us. Watch for this intro. next month when you will be able to meet her.
We have published almost 150 posts this year – approximately one every 2-3 days! And all for your Janome edification and enjoyment………..you are so very welcome!
So what are we planning for you on janomelife next year? In a word, LOTS:
- Expect the same regular input from our janomelife team: our Educators and our Artisans. We will continue to try to publish posts every week. Many weeks will offer more than that. Your input on what specific topics you might like to see addressed is always welcome. (use the comment box at the bottom of any janomelife post). If you don’t already receive an email each time we publish a post – you might like to subscribe on the right hand side of the janomelife screen. You can always unsubscribe later if you wish. We will not use your email address for any purpose other than to send you a notification of each new blog post.
- We think it is time for another Janome Foot/Accessory series so watch for a monthly post on this. (Any specific feet you want us to highlight?)
- We thought a monthly series on FAQ’s would be good too. We are often asked very similar questions across North America on our travels to shows and dealer’s stores so we know many of you are perplexed or confused by the same things. Watch for a new series called “GLAD YOU ASKED THAT” starting in January 2018.
- We hope to offer you fun janomelife giveaway contests as we have offered in previous years…….you will just have to wait for the surprize of what we will have on offer in 2018?
Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and have found time between eating turkey and all the trimmings to do a little sewing??
The Janomelife team would like to wish you all the very best sewing, quilting and embroidery success in 2018!