Did I say I seriously LOVE my iPad? Not only can I watch online sewing/quilting video’s or Netflix in my hotel room at night when I am traveling, but I can also check emails without having a big, hot laptop on my ……lap. In addition, I can read my books without having to drag heavy books along with me taking up precious space and pounds in my suitcase.
But let’s not forget that we have JANOME APPS on the iPad! Janome has a number of APP’s especially for those of us who love our iPads + love having the ability to do some very cool things SEW easily!
- AcuEdit app (above) allows us to customize our embroidery designs on the iPad with a FREE app in a very similar way to how we can do it on the screen of our Janome Embroidery machine or on our PC using the applicable editing tool included with our Janome embroidery machines. Change thread colours, duplicate designs, corner them, resize, flip, rotate, …you name it. AcuEdit is FREE and is compatible with our WIFI enabled embroidery machine models: Janome Horizon MC15000 (all 3 versions) as well as Janome Skyline S9
2. AcuMonitor (above) is kind of like a baby monitor for your embroidery machine: need to go cook dinner? (yes…..I know sadly it does not cook itself yet!) or maybe you want to go watch TV in the family room? Instead of having to babysit your machine while you get on with other things, take your iPad with you and prop it up on the kitchen counter or armchair and occasionally glance at it: it will show the simulated stitch out currently taking place in the hoop of your embroidery machine in the other room. If a thread breaks or a colour completes stitching and you are needed to thread up with the next colour, the App alerts you to this fact. Is that clever or what?? Man alive, I love this AcuMonitor APP. Cannot tell you how many times it has saved me time and effort from having to jump up & down like a jack-in-a-box to go check on the progress of my embroidery at my machine. It really is a fantastic tool which also happens to be FREE.
3. Acusetter APP (above) is also worth a LOT to us – even though it is another FREE app. It lets us use the camera in the Ipad to reposition designs within the hoop without having to re-hoop (say we maybe hooped up a little crookedly?) OR to position designs EXACTLY where we want them in a particular hooping. Think positioning a name tag or a company logo exactly where you want it above a shirt pocket? Or what about positioning a flower in the perfect spot on a printed fabric? Or lining up an elephant on an incline like a hill? This is all effortless and oh so easily possible with AcuSetter App.
Using this together with the Janome Clothsetter (as your 3rd hand for hooping), we have a team of tools which will give us immaculately perfect positioning of all our embroidery projects. Has to be seen to be believed…………… so ask your Janome Educator or local authorized Janome dealer to show you how it works. This App is compatible with Janome MC15000 and Janome Skyline S9.
4. AcuSketch. Now this app (above) is also FREE although we just got an in-App optional purchase of additional stitches. I am very crazy about this app. I have done all sorts of scribbles and doodles, taken pics with my iPad of interesting looking carpets, people, drawings my grand children made for me……and then just used these pics as a backdrop to scribble with my finger or the special Janome Stylus pen to create incredible designs to stitch at the embroidery machine. Up till last month, we could digitize instantly straight stitches – so IDEAL for quilting designs and thread sketching. Now we have the additional in-app purchase offering zig-zag, stem and triple straight stitch as well. I cannot tell you how much fun I have had with this app and it gives me a simply wonderful option for creating quilting-in-the-hoop simply by doodling squiggles and swirls on the iPad screen , instantly turning it to stitches and sending – just as instantly – directly to my embroidery machine as it by magic (WIFI).
5. The other free app is the screen saver app (above) which lets you add your own pic’s from your iPad camera or Gallery – you can save up to 5 pics at a time.
We have covered the 5 FREE Janome apps in this post. There is also the purchasable Janome AcuDesign App which is covered in other janomelife posts and at this link.