Yes…… time is running out – only 20 days till Christmas so we thought you might like to see this project idea and how-to video courtesy of Janome Australia. You may have seen this sausage roll or burrito pillow case project before but possibly you might have forgotten that you can make it in less than half an hour? …….. So it definitely works as a QUICK gift for one or more people on your Christmas gift list:
- personalize with fabric colour and design choice
- personalize with Janome machine embroidery with the recipients name or some cute little message such as “sweet dreams” perhaps? We have so many lovely fonts built into the Edit mode of our Janome embroidery machines …..one of my favourites is First Grade font for kiddie projects. Check it out.
- embellish with Janome machine decorative stitches
- watch this spot next Friday for great information on using the alphabet program on your sewing machine……our artisan, Kim, from Calgary has a wonderful janomelife post coming up for you!
- Is a great stashbuster project?!
What do you think?
I just purchased a clear view quilting foot and guide set and was very pleased to find the August 21 2018 article accessories we love by Liz Johnson my janome sewing machine is a dc3018 I have just recently begun sewing again and am learning to quilt. I am very appreciative of this article that I could print out and have a great explanation of the foot I purchased to update my older janome machine. I thank you
Glad we could help! Happy sewing.
After viewing the tutorial for the pillowcase I’m curious as to the exact finished measurements. Plus I too consider the “First Grade Font” as my favourite. All my kid projects are done with that font.
I have not made the pillowcase with these specifics directions but it is a relatively simple matter to adjust measurements to end up with a pillowcase to suit the pillow sizes you require. Glad you agree with me about the font. Perhaps you’d like to try a pillowcase using these directions – If so, have fun!