At this time each year, we look back at what we have accomplished and look forward to plans for the future.
Did you notice that we now have a fabulous new website?
http://www.janome.ca has undergone an extensive transformation and now aligns more closely with http://www.janome.com. It contains MUCH more information about machines, feet and accessories. Do check it out…..we are simply thrilled with this improvement to janome.ca. (pic’s above & below reflect our new look).
We are also very proud to tell you that janomelife continues to grow each year. 2018 was no exception! This year we have had:
- the highest # of viewers – an increase of over 20% on 2017!
- the most # of posts published in one year since we started janomelife in 2010 – an increase of 17% over 2017.
- the most # of comments from you in any calendar year since we started janomelife.
Even though we say so ourselves, the Stats speak volumes! And we are thrilled about this as it tells us that we are doing things right. Evidently, you find janomelife a very useful forum. You also tell us this at shows and at Janome Dealer’s stores so we hear you……thank you for embracing what we try very hard to provide for you on an ongoing basis. Thank you for coming back and reading our posts so regularly. We appreciate your time and loyalty.
What do you get at janomelife?
- valuable information and learning resources about your Janome machine(s); feet/accessories etc. Use the search box to look up archived posts to find info you seek.
- the opportunity to ask us quick queries. Use our comment box.
- gain sewing inspiration and ideas for projects on a wide range of sewing topics ….ongoing.
- sewing techniques…..brush up on things you may have forgotten or learn new techniques.
- how-to project instructions from our educators, artisans and more.
- sewing advice on a wide range of topics
- photo’s: step by step instruction as well as “eye candy” and project ideas
- links to many other useful and informative websites
- your place to come to stay up to date on all things Janome including new machines, feet & accessories as well as other products like many of those we have mentioned recently: thread, cushions, dress forms, sewing lights, etc – all available at your local Janome Dealer
2018 in review:
This year we started 2 new monthly posts: “Glad you asked that” and “Educator Pick of the month”. We also continued with our popular monthly “Foot of the month”: series.
Follow or subscribe and each time we publish a post it will pop into your email box…….so you do not miss out on announcements about new products and great information about a wide range of our machines, feet and accessories as well as inspiration and ideas for Janome projects of many types. We tell people all over Canada that your email address is not used for any other reason than this. If the email is on a sewing topic that interests you, go ahead and read it when you have time to sit with a cup of coffee. If not, just delete the email. We usually aim for 2 – 3 janomelife posts per week. During this month of December 2018, yes, there were more posts than that but we had so much to tell you during the Holiday season. One almost everyday is not the norm.
Comment Box: We reply to you if you send us a comment in the box below each post. Generally we aim for a reply within 24-48 hours although if we are travelling or need to research an answer for you, it may take a little longer. This comment forum is designed for quick, simple answers to queries OR for you to give us feedback on post content…..you liked it or you would have preferred more or other information. We are unable to use this Comment forum for lengthy content which is better addressed by your local Janome Dealer at an owner’s class or store lesson.
- More of the same as it seems we are hitting the mark!
- We do listen to your feedback and have decided to continue into 2019 with our “Foot of the month” and “Glad you asked that” – Watch for these each month OR may we suggest you follow our janomelife blog. This essentially involves giving your email address in the appropriate Follow box on the right hand side of the screen of janomelife (if you have not already done so…..and you can unsubscribe at any time later if you wish).
- Our team of Janome Canada Educators as well as our team of Janome Canada Artisans offer regular input on janomelife. We will all continue to do this in 2019.
- Watch for a new monthly post: Janome Machine of the month.
- We will also introduce Janome Project of the month in addition to the pretty and practical project inspiration we already offer ( some with full project instructions/tutorials) from our team of educators and artisans. Let us know if you have specific projects you might like to see on Janome life?
- The addition of more educators and artisans to the team with even more expert input coming your way on janomelife.
- Your Suggestions are always welcome…..drop us a note in the comment box to let us know what you like, what you would like to see improved + what additional things you’d like to see on janomelife. We read all your comments and will try our best to accommodate your requests and suggestions.
- Do you like the janomelife giveaways? Well, we think you do judging from the many entries we get! So we will endeavour to keep offering these from time to time. Be sure to enter before the current Holiday giveaway closes later today! Check out our post on 24th December for details if you have not entered yet.