It’s been a while since we introduced or “refreshed” the information about our Janome Canada Educators and Artisans. So it is time to bring you up to date on who is part of our Janome Canada team of Educators and Artisans. It’s a big job as we have a very enormous and extraordinarily beautiful country and yet we are a relatively small team. However, we love what we do and we work diligently to keep you informed about new (and not so new) products; project ideas; video’s; answering your queries and much more. We don’t take the place of your local Janome Dealer…….we offer education and support but we also refer you back to the dealer where you purchased your machine(s) for your owner’s lessons and after sales support.
Here is our Janome Canada team of educators. Find more information on our website:
- Liz Thompson – National Education Manager + Managing Editor of Janomelife and our other Social Media platforms – aka Lizafrica. Liz’s passion is garment sewing and all forms of quilting from art quilts & machine applique (especially applique-in-the-hoop) to computerized longarm quilting and the fabulous Janome Acufil quilting-in-the-hoop. She also loves machine embroidery, the Janome Apps and software; making bags, home dec projects and sewing gifts.
- Michael Smith – aka janomeman – our educator who lives in Ontario and sews on a wide range of machine models from our Jnaome Quilt Maker Pro 18 (long arm) to the Janome Horizon Mc1500, to sergers and more. Michael is a computerized longarm quilter as well as an expert with other quilting techniques, and he also uses our Janome sergers and cover hem machines to sew garments, bags and more.
- Celine Ross is our educator who lives in Quebec and also sews on a wide range of different Janome machines from embroidery models to sergers etc. Celine supports our French speaking dealers and customers and also writes the French blog Vie Janome – we translate some of her posts and make these available on janomelife in English. Celine’s specialty is software, machine embroidery and garment sewing.
- Erin Aumack – aka janomegirl – is our educator who lives in Alberta & joined us in early 2018. She is proving to be a prolific blog writer and videographer + sample sewer as she works on her Janome MC15000, iPad and sergers. Erin is also a whizz with the Janome Skyline S9 as she has that until a recent upgrade to the Janome Horizon MC15000. Check out her recent 5 Part series on quilting with your domestic sewing machine as well as the 2 highly popular posts on sewing Lingerie: lace bralette and panties. Both were shared and liked across janomelife, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Find her at sewing and quilting shows and dealers’ stores.
- Anne-Margaret Vose – aka AnneStitcher – is our educator who lives in BC and sews on our Janome Horizon MC15000 amongst several other Janome models. Anne-Margaret joined us last summer and is a valuable, enthusiastic member of the team whose passion is quilting. She is having lots of fun expanding her skill set to include other sewing techniques and a thorough knowledge of our products. Meet Anne-Margaret at sewing & quilting shows and Janome dealer’s stores.
- Tania Denyer – aka gingertquilter – is our educator who lives in Ontario and sews on the Janome Mc6700P , MC500E and also has a Janome serger. Tania is our newest educator who many of you may remember previously as a regular contributor to janomelife as one of our Janome Canada Artisans. She is known for her quirky and unique food applique quilts…..and more besides. Tania is a very talented artist and quilter – longarming and applique being her specialties. Those of you who attended our “Fearless Sewing for the Slightly Terrified” seminars recently at a Janome dealer store in Canada might be interested to know that Tania was the creative genius behind many of the techniques we covered in this seminar. Meet Tania at sewing and quilting shows and at Janome Dealer’s stores. Check out her creative journey of discovery on janomelife as she experiences machine embroidery and sergers.
In addition we have regular input from our team of Janome Canada artisans. Find more information on our website
- Tamara Kate Serrao has offered us many wonderful projects – see our Look Books here and here and her lovely Christmas stockings in Look Book volume 3 + her website. Tamara sews on several of our machines – currently on the Janome Horizon MC15000 Quiltmaker in Montreal, Quebec. She is teaching all 4 days at Quilt Canada in Ottawa this June where she also will have a booth selling her unique and special fabrics. Find Tamara on our website + hers at www.kayajoydesigns.com
- Kim Jamieson- Hirst of Chatterbox Quilts offers us expert and informative input in her monthly posts about the Janome Horizon MC9450 from Calgary, Alberta. She also owns the Janome MC8900; MC500E and the Artistic Edge 15 Digital Cutter.
- Trina Gallop gives us monthly input on janomelife from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Trina will be offering us new input including machine embroidery and Janome App content and projects as she recently upgraded from the Skyline S7 to the new Indigo Skyline S9! Find Trina on her Will Cook for shoes website
- Crystal McCart of Thunder Bay, Ontario is an expert on many sewing techniques, especially knit fabrics, sergers and coverhem and shares info with us quarterly. Young moms and other sewers : watch for her recent post: a very clever nursing sweater hack. She sews on a Janome CPX2000 (Coverhem serger) and the Janome Skyline Indigo S7. Find her on Instagram @chrystalclrrr
- Céline Allaert of Blue Calla Patterns has been sewing on a Janome 625E for quite some time ( and says she loves its heavy duty performance for bag making). She now also has our new Janome HD9 – heavy duty straight stitching is what she needs for her sewing. She will be sharing her bag making expertise and ideas with us from Toronto, Ontario on a quarterly basis. Find her on www.bluecallacreations.com; instagram and facebook. Please see this janomelife post where we introduce Celine.
- Meagan Botterill of Thunder Bay, Ontario sews on a Janome Skyline Indigo S7 and a Janome HD9. Meagan makes bags & more and will share her expertise and hints and tips for successful projects with us on a quarterly basis. Find Meagan on www.madebymaeg.ca + see this post where we introduce Meagan to you.
We are currently interested in adding a garment sewing artisan to our Janome Canada team of artisan. Are you an expert with sergers, coverhem and sewing machine techniques as you make professionally finished on trend garments and other items?
If you think you have the expertise & skills as well as a strong online presence (website, blog, social media etc), we would like to hear from you. Drop us a note in the comment box below (your contact details are confidential) and we may contact you to follow up if you have the skills we might be looking for. Please note that this opportunity is only open to residents of Canada as janomelife and our Artisan program are Janome Canada initiatives. Ed.