The Janome Canada Education team will be hosting more Instagram Live presentations this week: this week we features 4 different ways to insert a zipper (see more below). If you missed our previous Instagram Live, we have posted a recording of the Embroidery Mending and embroidered pocket on jeans from last week to our Janome Life You Tube channel.
We have had a number of queries about how to access and watch these Instagram Live presentations, so let’s address these queries:
- You cannot watch an Instagram Live unless you have an Instagram account. If you do not have an account (it is free to sign up) and do not wish to open one, you will just have to wait until we have processed the recording and posted it to our You Tube Janome Life channel. Please note that this recording may not be exactly the same as the Instagram Live as we may be using a different camera or equipment to what was used during the Live presentation and we may edit the recording.
- This week we will present an Instagram Live each day Tuesday 7th April – Friday 10th April on the subject of ZIPPERS: Does inserting a zipper freak you out? Fear no more! Wait until you see what we show you this week: Welt pocket zipper; Fearless zipper insertion; Easy zipper tab method; and how to get crisp corners on a fully lined zipper pouch.
4. How to tune in? Tune in at 10am Pacific/11am Mountain/1pm Eastern daily this week.
- Navigate to & open your Instagram account on your computer or mobile device.
- Do a search for Janome Canada using the search icon > notice the Janome Canada LOGO in the top left of the screen: the circle with little sewing machine icon and JANOME Canada below the little black machine. See our screenshot pic below.
- At the time we start the Live presentation, this logo circle will have a flashing or shiny outline. Just click on or touch the logo and the Live presentation will appear on your screen. Head phones generally give better sound.
5. You may type your questions or comments during the Live and the presenter will see them and answer when she can. It’s a bit like needing 5 hands (never mind 5 fingers!) to operate the camera, sew, iron, talk, and answer queries etc. But we will try to answer queries or address comments when and as possible.
6. If you tuned in late or missed it entirely, no worries, we will post to our You Tube Janome Life channel afterwards. We cannot post these recordings to Instagram as they have a 1 minute limit for uploaded video’s. Please be patient as the posting to You Tube will not be instantaneous. It may take a day or 2 but, rest assured, we will post when we have had time to edit and process the video recording.