I love to recycle and reuse items. I found a great scrap busting project that uses small pieces of fabric and an old broken measuring tape.
The nice thing about the clicker bag is you can make it any size you want. The lining needs to be 5″ longer than the outside piece and the measuring tape should be 1″ shorter than the width of the bag.
For this example I used:
- Fabric for the outside of the bag 10″ x 7″
- Batting 10″ x 7
- Fabric for the lining of the bag 15″ x 7
- Fabric for pull tabs 4″ x 4″ (cut 2)
- Measuring Tape piece 6″ (cut 2)
- Electrical Tape
- Janome Artistic Tack Temporary Adhesive Spray
Please be careful when you cut the tape as it is very sharp. (Ask me how I know). Also when rounding the ends, make sure you angle into the garbage can as they can fly across the room.
This is just one of many ideas you can learn to do with our new online Creative Fun With Scrap Busting class. If you are interested in taking this class, contact your local Janome Canada dealer. Happy Sewing.