2020 has certainly been a year not many of us are going to forget! Amidst all the worry and sadness and sacrifices that so many have made this year, there is the knowledge that there are some very special people who go the extra mile in times of trouble and despair to do what they can to ease pain and suffering. We salute you all – the medical people (including doctors, nurses, care aids, other hospital staff, ambulance staff) and many more who have worked on through this pandemic despite exhaustion and added risks to their own safety. Thank you to you all for what you have done to try to keep us safe and to assist with those who were/are ill. And let’s also appreciate our family and friends who have stayed in touch, shared troubles and offered kind words when we needed those.
Top of my Wish List is that there will be an end to the menace of this virus soon and to being able to at least partially resume life as we used to know it. It may never be completely the same again, but it will get better. And hopefully we have all learned to be wiser and kinder through this experience?
There are some exciting things in store here at Janome (there always are?!) which will be revealed in due course in the months ahead. First up is our virtual/online classes which will resume in early January. Please see details below of what is coming. We are repeating a number of the classes we taught through our Janome Canada dealers this Fall as we heard many of you did not know about these classes and have specifically asked for us to teach them again because you missed out. Be sure to register this time as we may not keep repeating these classes. We are also offering some new topics which we will feature in the coming weeks. Hands-on classes have been added – also due to requests from many of you.
*** Register for our online classes with participating Janome Canada Dealers. See more below***
Please remember that attending a virtual class is as close as we can get to in-store in-person classes at this time. AND you get to ask questions in real time which our educators address right there during the class. This is NOT the same as watching a video which is a pre-recording with no live educators present to address your specific real time queries.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL CLASSES:
Book through your local participating dealer. If your dealer is not offering the class you want to attend, try the list of participating dealers below.
- Mending and Hemming Like a Pro – Popular class for anyone who wants the scoop about all sorts of different hemming techniques as well as authentic jeans hems + mending holes in clothing. 6th January 1-3pm eastern Eastern
- Coverhemming with Janome – This a comprehensive 3 part series of classes which covers all the various coverhem stitch options, techniques, project ideas and optional feet and accessories for our Coverhem machines. Workbook pages are included so you can make a handy reference tool. 11th; 18th and 25th January 1-3pm Eastern.
- Janome Sergers – This is also a comprehensive 3 part series of classes covering all that a serger does as well as optional feet and accessories, serger techniques and project ideas. Workbook pages are included so you can make a handy reference tool. 13th, 20th and 27th January 2-4 pm Eastern
- Artistic Digitizer Embroidery software 3 part series – also back by popular demand with expanded class time to three 3 hour classes – time for more Q&A. This is a hands-on software learning experience and includes comprehensive notes on the exercises covered during the classes. 15th, 22nd and 29th January 1-4pm Eastern.
- Artistic Edge cutter and Simple Cut software 2 part series 1st & 8th February 1-3pm Eastern . The course includes comprehensive notes and software exercises. Want to know how to use the Simple Cut software and the Edge cutter? Then this class is for you – We have had many requests for this so don’t miss this opportunity!
- Let’s Explore Machine Embroidery : Saturday embroidery mini retreat. First up is Lecture/demo on mastering the basics of machine embroidery. Next is hands-on in-the-hoop embroidery projects (Supply list will include FREE designs for this class). We highly recommend this class if you are not confident with machine embroidery basics. 2 options of dates to accommodate our diverse time zones: Saturday 30th January 10am – 3pm Eastern OR 6th February 10am – 3pm Pacific
*** Contact your local participating dealer to register for these virtual classes. If your dealer is not participating, the dealers listed below are and will be happy to take your registration:
- Triangle Sewing Centre in Ontario offers an online booking system. www.trianglesewing.com
- Haus of Stitches, Saskatchewan Tel: 306-682-0772 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ultimate Sewing, Humboldt, Ontario Tel: 905-436-9193 email@example.com
- Taylor Sewing, Ontario Tel: 613-342-3153 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom’s Sewing Machines, BC Tel 604- 507-2841 email@example.com
- Threads that Bind, Ontario Tel: 519-922-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hines Sewing Centre, Nova Scotia Tel: 902-798-9442
More Janome Canada dealers may participate but at the time of going to press, this was the list for upcoming classes.
Our Dealer locator is found on our website at the top of the home page next to the little Canadian flag: Where to buy.
Please note that it does not really matter where you live. So long as you can log on to the classes at the time zone advertised times, you are most welcome. You will need to figure out what time to log on in your specific time zone.
Please note that these classes are offered LIVE and you will be able to ask questions in real time. These classes are not offered as a pre-recorded video. It would be wise to make a calendar note in your phone once you have registered so that you do not forget to attend the class!