Before I started my sewing career I studied and worked in the Environmental Science sector. I hugged trees, cleaned up waterways and helped restore critical habitat. Any time I can use my sewing powers for the health of the environment I am all in!
While developing our Sewing and Embroidery for the Food Fanatic class, I was really excited to include these reusable bowl covers! There are too many single use plastics being used in the world and it makes my heart happy to be able to make these fabric bowl covers which can be used over and over again.
I love having cotton fabric bowl covers on hand especially in the summer. We spend a lot of time outside and live in the country. As you can bet, we have a generous amount of flies and wasps. I use these covers to keep our food safe and bug free.
If you need your bowl cover to be air tight as well you can use Food Safe PUL. This fabric comes in a variety of colours and designs! You can also make your cover with a layer of your favourite cotton on top of the PUL layer.
Nothing beats opening up your fridge and seeing your favourite fabrics covering all your bowls! Plastic wrap could never be that pretty.
If you would like to learn more about how to make your very own bowl covers AND other projects perfect for a Foodie at heart, check out our upcoming virtual Sewing and Embroidery for the Food Fanatic class!
ED: Points to note on registering for our virtual classes:
Sewing and Embroidery for the Food Fanatic will be presented on Friday 5th March at 2-4pm Eastern.
- As usual, registered attendees will get a link to the video recording after the class. These classes are being offered only by participating Janome Canada dealers so you will need to contact one of the dealers on the list below to register for this class.
- There is a set fee for the class so there is no need for you to call around to get the “best” price. Please support your local dealer if they are participating.
- Once you have registered, please be patient! We will close registrations for the class one week before the class OR before that if the class becomes fully booked.
- Your dealer will then email you the class information including the log on code shortly after registrations have closed. If you do not receive this, check your spam and junk folders and contact the dealer with whom you registered.
- Once registration for the class has been closed, and you have been sent the log in code, there can be NO cancellations or refunds. If you unable to attend ( we know …… life happens), then you will be able to watch the video after the class. The dealer will email this to you.
- All of our classes this year have been fully booked, and we have had to turn people away. Please be mindful of this as we move forward with these popular classes.
Janome Canada Dealers participating in the Sewing and Embroidery for the Food Fanatic class:
- Ultimate Sewing Centre, Ontario Tel: 905-436-9193 email@example.com
- Triangle Sewing Centre in Ontario www.trianglesewing.com
- Haus of Stitches, Saskatchewan Tel: 306-682-0772 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Sewing, Ontario Tel: 613-342-3153 email@example.com
- Threads that Bind, Ontario Tel: 519-922-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Deer Sewing Centre, Alberta Tel 403-346-2597 email@example.com
- KW Sewing Machines, Ontario Tel 519-884-6981 firstname.lastname@example.org