In my group of friends I’m known as the sewist. If anyone has anything that needs to be done fabric related I hear about it. There seems to be a theme of 3 things I’m asked about the most: Hemming, baby clothes quilts and recovering cushions/pillows that have piping. Hemming I can handle. I refer all baby clothing quilt requests to another local quilt who has mastered this art. Cushion and Pillow requests with piping I would send off to another business because piping use to scare me! Not any more!
Piping was mystifying to me. It appeared really fussy and complicated. The pipping needs to be sandwiched exactly right. Which says a lot coming from a quilt who enjoys very intricate piecing. I had tried piping a few times with varied success. Enter the Janome Piping foot!
This foot is so amazing! You can use it to both make piping so it matches any project and you use the exact same foot to apply the piping to your project. The Janome piping foot helps sandwich your piping perfectly in between the fabric layers so that you are left with a very professional look. It has a special cut out to make turning corners easy.
I’ve made a lot of throw pillows through the years without piping but now I can’t imagine making one without! It gives your pillow such a polished professional look. There are so many other applications for piping as well such as on bags, home decor and I really want to try it on a quilt!
On March 20th, 2021 we will be covering Janome’s Piping foot and a whole bunch of other sewing for your home projects in our Sewing for Home Class. If you would love to master the Piping Foot and other great techniques click here to learn how you can sign up.
ED: Points to note on registering for our virtual classes:
Sewing for your Home will be presented on Saturday 20th March at 2-4pm Eastern.
- As usual, registered attendees will get a link to the video recording after the class. These classes are being offered only by participating Janome Canada dealers so you will need to contact one of the dealers on the list below to register for this class.
- There is a set fee for the class so there is no need for you to call around to get the “best” price. Please support your local dealer if they are participating.
- Once you have registered, please be patient! We will close registrations for the class one week before the class OR before that if the class becomes fully booked.
- Your dealer will then email you the class information including the log on code shortly after registrations have closed. If you do not receive this, check your spam and junk folders and contact the dealer with whom you registered.
- Once registration for the class has been closed, and you have been sent the log in code, there can be NO cancellations or refunds. If you unable to attend ( we know …… life happens), then you will be able to watch the video after the class. The dealer will email this to you.
- All of our classes this year have been fully booked, and we have had to turn people away. Please be mindful of this as we move forward with these popular classes.
Janome Canada Dealers participating in the Sewing and Embroidery for the Food Fanatic class:
- Ultimate Sewing Centre, Ontario Tel: 905-436-9193 email@example.com
- Triangle Sewing Centre in Ontario www.trianglesewing.com
- Haus of Stitches, Saskatchewan Tel: 306-682-0772 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Sewing, Ontario Tel: 613-342-3153 email@example.com
- Threads that Bind, Ontario Tel: 519-922-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- KW Sewing Machines, Ontario Tel 519-884-6981 email@example.com