The luminous tablet, or light table, is the new ‘must’ in sewing! You are a fan of sewing, quilting and embroidery and are concerned about finding the best tools to excel in your passion, so a Daylight Wafer light table will bring you the precise results you’re looking for.
At first, I did not see the usefulness of a light table as a sewing tool, but by testing it, I found that it had become essential for me for several applications. Here are some of them:
- To trace lines of a particular size of a multi-scale pattern:
2. To easily transfer marks from the pattern; darts, notches, dots, etc. directly on the fabric:
3. Mirror image an applique for the opposite side:
4. To choose the right thread colours coordinated to the fabric:
5. To assemble the embroidery template or PDF pattern:
6. To audition several templates of embroidery patterns or quilting designs:
7. For paper piecing:
There is even a transparent and very good quality 11″ x 17″ cutting mat available separately to be placed directly on the light table in order to cut fabric and templates without marking.
8. Specific cut of a fabric pattern: (fussy cutting)
9. To finger-press open the seam allowances directly on the cutting mat or the light table:
10. For optimal lightning in the bed/throat space of your sewing machine:
12.5 x 9.5 ” item # U35040
17 x 12.6 » item #U35030
23.6 x 18 » item #U35020
Each has some very useful features:
- Lightweight and portable, thickness of 0.8 cm / 0.3″
- Very low temperature, LED lighting
- Uniform brightness, reflects true colors
- Has a built-in rule
- Ideal for sewing, quilting, embroidery, cutting, handicrafts, DIY…
- Variable intensity with memory function
This purchase should be seen as a long-term investment, because this tool is destined to last!!!
Visit your local Janome dealer to test and purchase this light table imported by Janome Canada!!!