Where can I find information for my Janome machines, accessories and software?
This is a question I am asked so frequently that I feel as though I am repeating myself dreadfully. However, the question needs to be answered again as so many of you want to use as many of the features and functions on your machines as possible. I understand that completely and all is good – you should want to do that! I am going to re-use a post I wrote almost 2 years ago as it contains very valuable resources for you.
It is a fact that there will be a significant amount of self learning that you will need to be committed to doing when you buy our Janome or Artistic Creative products. In all honesty, unless we spend time sewing and embroidering on our machines or “playing” with our software, we really cannot expect to learn very much. I frequently tell the story about Gary Player the South African Master golfer: He was approached by a cheeky reporter one day after hitting a hole in one at some big golf event. The reporter told him he was so lucky to have hit a hole in one. Gary’s reply was “Isn’t it amazing that the more I practice, the luckier I get!” There you have it…….I think you will agree that we really DO need to spend time “practicing” on our machines & computers to become truly proficient. This is the self-learning process. This does not happen overnight and will require time and effort. But it will be a lot of creative fun and we will definitely know our machines better and be able to use many more of the features we received when we purchased our quality products!
- The very first place we refer you to is your local Janome or Artistic Dealer. Generally this is the store where you purchased your Janome machine or Artistic Digital cutter or Janome or Artistic software products. Your dealer receives training on these products they sell and should be your first go-to place when you have queries or require training on our products.
- All machines, software and our Digital cutter do have an instruction manual. It really is quite surprizing how few people read their manuals. This is a great starting point to familiarize yourself with the product; what all the buttons or icons are and how to operate the machine or software etc. Please make use of this helpful resource.
- Many of our machines do have an Instructional DVD included in the box when you purchase the machine. This is also a great self-learning tool which is often missed or neglected. Please watch it as many times as you might require to get you started and on your way to many enjoyable hours of creating with your machine.
- We also have Workbooks for some of our products. Please ask your local Jnaome dealer about these. We highly recommend you purchase the applicable ones for your Janome products as these will help you to maximize your use of your Janome investment! We have done posts on these workbooks so do a search in the search box on this janomelife for more detailed information. We also usually take these with us to Education events and shows so that you can flip through them to see the value lying inside the binders before you buy. There are workbooks for the Mc12000; Mc15000, Presser feet and more.
- Try this websites for specific machine information: www.janome.com Click on the Product tab and then choose what machines or accessories or software you wish to have more information about.
- You Tube has many video’s which can assist you with your self learning. There are many individuals and sewing stores across the globe who post video’s on You Tube. While these may be useful, we would prefer to refer you to the official Janome You Tube channels. There are dozens on some topics and literally hundreds of video’s on other topics so do take your time to work systematically through these video’s. You will probably want to make a note of the ones you might like to return to for multiple viewings. Janome staff have invested much expertise and man hours into making these useful video’s for you so we urge you to make as much use of these video’s as possible. Here is the list of You Tube links:
- You Tube Janome USA for many video’s on various Janome machines, software and more.
- You Tube Janome Canada channel .
- In addition, you may do a search on janomelife blog > homepage > search box . Type whatever topic you are seeking information about in the search box and click for a list of every blog post we have done on this topic or where your topic is mentioned. This is a valuable way to find janomelife information quickly so please do use it.
- There are also many video’s and podcasts on iTunes. Some of these are the same as what is on our You Tube channels. It is merely giving you another option of where to access this information plus we are able to give a synopsis on iTunes so that you gain a better understanding of what is in a video before you watch it. This helps considerably when you are looking for an answer to a specific query. (We are unable to add a synopsis to You Tube video’s). To access the video’s on iTunes you will need to have an Apple ID which you may set up for your smart phone, iPad or computer. It will ask to set up an account & ask you for a credit card lest you decide to buy an app, a book or music etc at some point. However, these video’s I refer to here are absolutely free and you credit card will therefore not be charged anything when you access them.
- Janome.com offers a great LEARN TAB where you can access webinars; Technique video’s; Software lessons as well as a tab with a whole host of useful links.
- Sewing and Quilt Shows across Canada: Janome educators and staff are usually at most of the major shows across Canada. You are most welcome to bring your questions to our staff on the Janome booth. Please assist us by knowing what your Janome or Elna model # is as it is difficult for us to answer questions properly when we don’t know which machine you are referring to.
I will update and re-publish this list from time to time as it seems that many people just don’t know where to start to look for all this GREAT information. We do hope we have made this a little easier for you.
Please bookmark this page and keep it as a handy reference tool for your self-learning process on your Janome machine.
Is there a setting where you can sew without thread to create paper punched quilting patterns? I have a memory craft Janome
You do not say which Janome Memory craft model you have but I assume it is one which has a thread sensor in the tension discs? Look at your Set Menu if your machine has that and switch off the thread sensor there if your model offers this option. If not, you may need to “fool” the thread sensor by leaving the thread in the tension discs but not threading in the needle. That may work. Sorry I cannot be more specific when I don’t know which model you have.
Exceptional! Thank you so much for all this information on the various resources! And the links in one email page! Fantastic. I love my Janome, even though it’s not a fancy one like those featured in many of the emails. It does gets the job done. Many thanks again. Keep up with the great work in sharing ideas, projects and information.
This blog has been so helpful too as I’m learning my machine. I keep my manual close by, and it’s already beginning to look a little worn. Thanks for this information!